martes, 24 de noviembre de 2009

Silicones in hair care products

Today I am going to talk about a topic that is being discussed in forums and blogs of beauty, and that seemed of importance about him.

I can not speak from a professional standpoint, but from my knowledge base to gather information on the subject. I can not determine whether the silicone in hair products are good or bad for health, but their effects are well known, based on the experience of others.

Today, silicones are in almost all shampoos and hair products like serums, conditioners, masks, soothing ... and In comparison with that if there are fewer free products contain silicone, and the price on some is somewhat higher.
I see hard to find "afro hair products" free of silicone.

Silicones may be compared as a double-edged sword, because on one hand and wrap the hair will look healthy, shiny, repaired at once ... but otherwise they do is damage the hair as it gradually silicones are glued to the hair axfisiándolo and prevent the absorption of external moisture, natural oils and treatments such as masks and so on ....
They also affect the scalp, preventing this breathe and absorb moisture needed for their optimal state.

Silicones are quite difficoult to remove hair, and whether to use a shampoo that contains them, we have not tackled the problem, if not to aggravate.

These are the most common silicones found in many products.
The vast majority of cosmetic silicones usually end in-cone, "Conole,-xane

* Dimethicone.
* Cyclomethicone.
* Siloxane.
* Amodimethicone.
* CYCLOHEXASILOXANE.
* Cyclopentasiloxane.
* Dimethicone copolyol.
* Dimethiconol.
* Cetyl dimethicone.
* Cyclomethicone.
* TRIMETHICONE phenyl.

If you want you can download this list will prove very useful if you need to consult at any time.
Download list of silicones

Actually when they stop using products with silicone, is when you see the true condition of the hair, possibly off, dry, rough, or even brittle and / or split ends.



Following an appropriate regime hair by avoiding these components gradually reappeared hair strength and health.

All this has made me think and even alarmed me a bit but not easily recognize the silicones unhooked .... I personally I am saying and I see a real problem ...

Yesterday I did a review of all my products (see products here) and of all who use all contain some type of silicone (except the pure oils). I was amazed that my favorite that I use every day to hydrate my hair is the more classes that contain silicone!

For more information I recommend that you visit the blog of Bold pissed, because it has a very comprehensive article on the theme. We also want to thank you for letting me use the list.
reference
http://www.afrohair.es/2009/10/siliconas-en-los-productos-capilares.html

No hay comentarios: